The Jewish principle of Pikuach Nefesh, preserving human life, overrides virtually any other consideration within Jewish communities. Because of our commitment to the health and safety of all of our community members, FSU Hillel has updated its COVID-19 protocols. We encourage and invite everyone who can get vaccinated to do so, for the safety of those who cannot.
For Fall 2021, our updated COVID-19 policies are as follows:
- Your vaccine affirmation form must be on file to attend in-person events. If you can’t be vaccinated for medical reasons, let us know.
- Masks will be required for all events. We are happy to provide a mask if you forget yours.
- You will need to pre-register for all Hillel events. Registration forms are always on LinkTree (see our bio or linktr.ee/hillelatfsu).
- We will limit participants at indoor events. In addition to small indoor gatherings and Zoom, we’ll also gather outside.
- All Hillel staff are fully vaccinated and we cannot wait to welcome you back to campus this fall!
VACCINATION: Only those who have submitted a vaccination affirmation will be allowed to enter the building for Shabbat services, programs, or meetings. People are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine. If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated.
ILLNESS: If you have any symptoms of illness, we ask you to stay home and attend events via Zoom. (If you need a delivery of matzo ball soup, we gotchu!)
At events, Hillel Staff will be refraining from embraces and maintaining 6 feet of distancing in interactions. Thank you for doing your part to protect the health and life of your fellow students and community members. We are so excited to warmly welcome you back to campus this fall!